Every year, there are new tips, tricks, and trends in the real estate and design space.
But what, exactly, were those tips, tricks, and trends in 2021 that should stand the test of time and carry forward into 2022?
A recent article from realtor.com compiled some of the platform’s best real estate and home design advice from the past year, including:
- Selling your home? Write a letter to potential buyers. Buyers writing letters to sellers about why they’re the right people to buy their home was a practice in the real estate world for years, but recently it is being done away with due to possible discrimination issues. But sellers can take advantage of this tip! If you’re selling your home, write a general letter to buyers outlining what you love most about your home—and leave it on the kitchen counter during your open house. Reading the seller’s perspective on the home can help potential buyers form a deeper connection to the home—and can help you generate more competitive offers.
- Ditch the formal backyard for a more natural, lived-in look. In 2021, the major trend in landscape design was a more natural, lived-in look. So, if you want to craft your outdoor space to be on-trend (and, if you’re selling your home, more appealing to potential buyers), opt out of a super structured landscape—and instead, go for more untamed plants, foliage, and flowers to create a more natural aesthetic.
- Small kitchen updates translate to major value. During the pandemic, many people rediscovered their love for cooking—and that includes potential buyers. If you want to make the space more appealing to buyers, small, strategic kitchen updates—like upgrading fixtures and appliances or outfitting the space with cool kitchen gadgets, like a wine fridge—can add major value when it’s time to sell.
When you contact me, I provide your home with an marketing plan using systems that most other agents don't have. I will create a custom websites with your homes address as the URL. I create custom text back codes to get information about your home into the hands of the buyers in seconds using the buyers smart phone. I create a virtual tour of your home. This plan is very effective. To find out more call or email. Here you can:
- Find out the value of your home for free!
- Conduct your own research. You can use my map search tool to pinpoint a specific neighborhood or street to find the selling price of any home listed on the local MLS. You also have access to recent price and inventory trends by zip code.
- Become a market insider by signing up for the monthly 'Market Insider' newsletter.